How To Register Nameservers #
A nameserver is a specialized server on the Internet that handles queries or questions from your local computer, about the location of a domain name’s various services.
A great simple way to think about nameservers is using a phone book analogy. If you were trying to call Ukbss.com you might have remembered our phone number, but more than likely you’d want to look it up before just guessing at numbers.
This same story is also true for the Internet and domain names. As an example you’re reading this article right now on our Ukbss.com domain name.
Here at Ukbss.com, we allow customers that registered domain names through us to register their own nameservers free of charge.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to register nameservers.
1) Login to the UKBSS Ltd Platform
2) Click the purple Domains button.
3) Click on the domain that you wish to register the nameservers for.
In this example, we’re going to select grindey-hub.co.uk.
4) On the domain management page, Under Management Tools on your right and click Private Nameservers.
5) On the next page, fill out the fields with the values you desire. The IP Address will be assigned by UKBSS.COM or your host. Click Save Changes once complete.
Cool tip: You can also use this page to manage Name Servers that you’ve already registered.
6) Once your Nameservers are registered, you will need to modify them (See also – How to modify nameservers) on your respective domain.